UCI has the learning environment and personalized attention that you needed all along. UCI welcomes the distinctive experience transfer students contribute to our campus and gives priority to junior-level students transferring from California Community Colleges. In order to be eligible for admission to our university, you must meet the following requirements:. If you are a non-California resident, you must have a minimum 2. For units beyond the maximum, subject credit for appropriate coursework taken in excess of this unit limitation will be granted and may be used to satisfy requirements.

Author:Yozilkree Moogujin
Country:El Salvador
Language:English (Spanish)
Published (Last):10 January 2015
PDF File Size:18.60 Mb
ePub File Size:12.78 Mb
Price:Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]

Slideshare uses cookies to improve functionality and performance, and to provide you with relevant advertising. If you continue browsing the site, you agree to the use of cookies on this website. See our User Agreement and Privacy Policy. See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement for details.

Published on Aug 16, SlideShare Explore Search You. Submit Search. Successfully reported this slideshow. We use your LinkedIn profile and activity data to personalize ads and to show you more relevant ads. You can change your ad preferences anytime. Upcoming SlideShare.

Like this document? Why not share! Embed Size px. Start on. Show related SlideShares at end. WordPress Shortcode. Published in: Education , Technology. Full Name Comment goes here. Are you sure you want to Yes No.

Be the first to like this. No Downloads. Views Total views. Actions Shares. Embeds 0 No embeds. No notes for slide. UC - 2 courses required, 1 each from Group A and B. English Composition - 1 course, 3 semester units English AP English Language or English Literature with a score of 3 or higher meets this requirement. History; World History. Government and Politics; U. Laboratory must be taken with a matching lecture course. Physical Science Courses - Courses with a laboratory component are underlined.

Biological Science Courses - Courses with a laboratory component are underlined. Oceanography formerly Oceanography , if taken prior to Fall , may be used for 5B only. Oceanography lab for 5B lab only. AP Biology with a score of 3 or higher meets both 5B and 5C requirements.

Laboratory must be taken with matching lecture course. One course underlined in Area 5A or 5B. Two years of high school study in the same language. Three years of high school study in American Sign Language. This requirement can be validated by more advanced course. See counselor for required scores. Score of 3 or higher on the AP Exams in languages other than English. Satisfactory completion of a proficiency test administered by a community college, university or other college in a language other than English.

Satisfactory completion with "C" grades or higher, of two years of formal schooling at the sixth grade level or higher in an institution where the language of instruction is not English. Appropriate documentation of attendance at the secondary school must be presented to DVC Admissions Office.

This graduation requirement for the CSU campuses may be fulfilled prior to transfer. Can be used only if taken Spring '05 or later. Can be used only if taken Spring '06 or later. Can be used only if taken Spring '07 or later.

It is a general education program which community college transfer students can use to fulfill lower-division general education requirements in either the CSU or UC system without the need, after transfer, to take additional lower-division general education requirements. Some students may be better served by taking courses which fulfill the CSU General Education requirements or those of the UC campus, or college to which they plan to transfer. We encourage you to discuss your transfer plans with a counselor to help you decide if following IGETC is the best option for you.

Preferably, yes. The student petitions for certification and either the complete or partial certification is sent to the UC or CSU.

Note: Students need Area 1 and 2 completed to meet minimum transfer admission requirements. Yes, with stipulations. DVC will certify courses taken at other accredited colleges and universities under the following conditions: DVC will place courses taken at other California community colleges in the IGETC categories identified by the offering college. Is there a minimum unit value per course?

All courses must have a minimum unit value of 3 semester or 4 quarter units. Students with both quarter and semester unit course work may find it difficult to combine the two in order to complete the required number of units. Additional coursework may be necessary in order to accumulate the required number of courses or units in certain IGETC areas.

Courses used to satisfy the IGETC requirements may be double counted toward preparation for major requirements except for individual CSU campus restrictions. AP scores of 3, 4 or 5 may be used to meet the requirement.

AP exam may be listed in more than one area, but shall not be certified in more than one area except for Languages other Than English.

Can a course be used to satisfy more than one subject area? A course may be listed in more than one area, but it may be used to satisfy only one subject requirement. For selection purposes, Berkeley requires completion of IGETC by the end of the spring term before they enter Berkeley for the fall semester.

However, preparation for the major is also important. UC Berkeley graduation requirement in American Cultures: One course from: English , Humanities - if taken Fall or later Film - if taken Fall or later Music Literature - if taken Fall or later History , , Sociology - if taken Fall or later Davis: Students preparing for a bachelor of science are advised not to pursue IGETC and instead to concentrate on major preparatory work.

Students completing the IGETC are welcomed at Eleanor Roosevelt and Revelle colleges; however, they must also fulfill the specific general education requirements of those colleges. San Francisco: Dental Hygiene is the only undergraduate program at this health science campus. IGETC is not accepted. You just clipped your first slide! Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.

Now customize the name of a clipboard to store your clips. Visibility Others can see my Clipboard. Cancel Save.


Make the switch to UCI.

Steps to Enroll. Completion of these patterns along with a minimum of 60 transferable units, allows the students to transfer as a junior with their lower division general education completed. It does not guarantee admission or transfer to any particular university. IGETC general education requirements. CSU general education requirements.


IGETC for UC/CSU transfer

Steps to Enroll. It is designed for use by California community college students. Students who have attended a CSU, UC, independent or out-of-state college or university should consult with a counselor to determine if the use of IGETC is appropriate to reach their goal. IGETC is not right for all students planning to transfer. Students pursuing majors that require extensive lower-division major preparation may not find the IGETC option to be advantageous and may be better served by taking courses that fulfill the general education requirements of the UC or CSU college to which they plan to transfer.


Transfer Information


Related Articles